donderdag 11 juni 2015

Green light and DEXA scan

Sooo folks... I'm back!
I know I haven't written for a long time. That's because there was a three-month gap in my VU visits, and also because I've been pretty busy with school (and being a totally crazy Breaking Bad fan... ok, ok, sorry, I'll try to stop about that show. But just sayin'... if you want to talk about it with me, I'm ALWAYS up for a BrBa discussion! :P). Had some hard moments, but I'm very glad to say I PASSED this school year!

Anyway, I just got my Green Light this monday! I'm so happy and relieved. Even though I never really doubted they'd let me through... it still takes a big weight of my shoulders. I'm through. I don't need to explain myself or "prove" that I am who I am to anyone anymore.
My psych said it was pretty damn clear with me, and they let me through without any doubt. Yeah, thanks for acknowledging what I already knew! Lol.
At first she couldn't give me a date for the endo appointment, and said I'd have to wait till I would get a call... which could be within a week, or a month, or more. She didn't know. But eventually she put on her nicest face, and asked the receptionist whether they could set me up for an appointment already. (I didn't even ask her to do that! So nice!) They agreed, and now thanks to my awesome psych I can already go to the endo at the 27th of June, and have already had the DEXA bone scan yesterday. (yeah, they really check everything, lol)
I almost feel like I don't deserve all this luck. Because, Jesus... I've had some!

The bone scan was done pretty quickly. Just like... 15 minutes or so. I felt pretty odd, lying under a scanner like that. Just the thought they were sending x-rays all the way through my body and could see my... insides, without me feeling a thing. I know how it works, and I've had x-ray scans of just my back area when I was younger, because my spine is a bit... odd, lol. But still, it amazes me. We can fucking see through people with machines, but not stop a war!? Humanity is weird...
I wonder if I can get a printed image of my own skeleton if I'd ask...! Is that a weird thing to want? I'm just curious what I look like on the inside, haha.
If I'd ever get a brain scan I sure know I'd want an image of my brain too. I mean, seriously, isn't that just cool? How often do you get that chance!? (okay, and a bit creepy, I admit)

I can hardly believe I will probably already get T the 27th of June! (my psych said there was a chance I'd need another appointment, and actually seemed to imply that is a common thing, but so far everyone else I spoke to said they got the hormones right on that day, so now I'm not sure what to believe anymore)
I'm so happy and excited, and I admit, also a bit nervous. I never had myself be tested medically like this before, and I never really liked visiting a doctor, so it's all very new for me. But my desire to be at peace with my body and become myself is greater than the anxiety I have for doctors, calling, operations... all of it.

And last monday, I just got one more step closer to that goal!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten