maandag 29 juni 2015

Endo appointment and FIRST T SHOT!

AAAAWH YEAAAH BITCHES! It is finally real. I AM ON T! As of today.
I feel so psyched about it! I can't even believe I am actually on T already. Somebody, slap me. Is this a dream or something?
I'm sure the excitement will wear off after a few days, lol, but right now I just feel GREAT! My second puberty is beginning... RIGHT NOW.

Anyway, I'll tell you what happened today. I was at the VU for quite a while because of all the insane queues. I think I waited at the apothecary with my receipt for like 45 minutes or so!

At first I got a lot of questionnaires, not such a big deal. Though some questions were tricky, I just try not to over-think them, and answer whatever first comes to mind.
After that the endo picked me up from the waiting room, she and a guy talked me through some more info on hormones, asked me which type I wanted, and measured my blood pressure. After that one of them took my measurements (around my waist, hips, chest and shoulders I think. I haven't exactly paid that much attention). I had to take off my binder, which kinda sucked, but my psych warned me for this. I was already glad I could keep my underwear on, and it was over pretty quickly.
They gave me a whole bunch of forms to drop off at the reception, my receipt for the T, and a paper for a blood examination.
First I went to the blood post, waited for about 20 minutes, and got like six tubes of blood drawn. I thought it might hurt... but I felt practically nothing, lol. Pretty weird to see quite some blood come out of your arm, while it hurts less than a needleprick. (Everyone who is scared about it, don't be. If you'd close your eyes you wouldn't even know when the needle is in)
After that I went down to the apothecary to "quickly" pick up my T. At least, that's what I thought, HAH! Jesus! The line was enormous, lol. I don't know exactly for how long I waited, but it felt like hours. (though I guess 45 mins is more accurate, haha)
Once I got that long desired package, I went back to the genderteam and one of the people injected it for me right there. I can't say I wasn't nervous, lol. Just the thought of FINALLY getting T, and also getting quite a big needle shoved into my leg. But though it hurt more than my blood getting drawn (and also feels a bit sore after, but nothing bad), I was quite pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that bad at all. Quite anti-climactic actually, haha. Like "Was that it!?"

I have been in a pretty damn awesome mood for the rest of the day, but I'm SURE that's just a placebo effect, hahaha. Though the temptation exists to check if my beard is already growing, I know it doesn't work that way, lol, so all I can do now is just take my shots every 2 weeks, sit back... and let the T do it's job!
Curious when I'll start to notice changes (physical or emotional), think that'll take a couple months... but if something memorable happens in one month I'll sure make another blog post. Promise! ;)
It still feels surreal... somehow I still feel like tomorrow I'll wake up and discover it all was nothing but a very nice dream, or they just injected me with water or something, LOL. But it's real... it definitely is very real!

Have a great day everybody! :) (Have an A1-day!)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten