woensdag 28 januari 2015

Fourth VU visit, and general update

Some of you might have wondered what too me so long this time. Since it is more than a month ago since my last VU-update (and most of you probably didn't even notice...)

So first of all, an update on what happened at the beginning of the new year for those who don't follow me on Facebook.
Well, summarized: at first all my teachers at school fell ill and all the tests were moved to the same day I had to go to the VU, second, my psych fell ill, appointment cancelled and postponed three weeks, and third, I found out my insurance wouldn't cover all of my transition because I had a wrong type. Especially the last issue really made me freak out big time, so badly I hardly slept one night. Long story short: because I was insanely lucky I could still get my insurance changed, but a little bit less luck... and my transition this year would have been history, or at least would have made me VERY poor.
I'm so glad all is solved though.

Three weeks passed, and here I am. My fourth visit!
Because my psych fell ill I was assigned to a new one, so I didn't know my psych this time, and was also kinda worried she'd want to redo everything.
Glady she turned out to be a very nice woman, and though she said the switch might cause a little bit of a delay, she reassured me she wouldn't start entirely over and would try to build onto what my previous psych did as much as possible. In fact, I even like her better than my previous psych, and she seemed rather slow sometimes, and at times appeared to have forgotten what she should say. I felt like my new psych is a lot more organised and efficient, and she asks me a lot more questions.

This time I felt like we actually discussed SOMETHING for the first time! We went through my life story and we spoke about certain things I had written down in regards of my general growth and life, but also gender and how I related to that. Whereas last time we had just discussed a bit about my parents, which could have been much more if my (old) psych didn't so many more than a minute long breaks in her talking.
We didn't manage to discuss my entire life story yet, but most of it at least, and I felt that she really understood the things I went through (also not only on the subject of gender) quite well. Some bits where difficult to explain, or exhausting, but at least I feel like we GOT somewhere this time!

Next talk will also be together with my parents. I am a bit anxious about it, but I'm pretty sure it will be fine. They are accepting of me and I have a good relationship with them.
Then (that same day) me and my psych will also finish discussing the rest of my life story, after that she said we'll discuss sexuality, child wish, etc. in depth (that's going to be reaaaally awkward xd but I understand it is necassery), and then... psychological test, and hopefully the last talk.
Only time can tell. 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten